Friday, November 12, 2010

Day 41: Rigging basics

rigging basically start adter modelling the object, as you need a geometry or an object to add some bones in to it.

I was having an geometry file, I used during the modeling tutorial. so use the object as the start of the animation.

load the geometry and then from character tab add the bones in to it. from the side view, I aline the bones such way they are at the center of the object.
 use "capture geometry" tab to link the bones to geometry
to edit the geometry, I had use "edit capture" region icon from the character tab.


lastly, I created a hand from curve object to to contol the null the end point of the object. This is called inverse kinamatics where the final bone or a child object will able to control all above parent objects.

No comments: