Friday, September 17, 2010

Day 3: Explore the posibilities of the attachment.

Today it was a sunny day ! Happy to see the sun as it keeps me warm during this fall season,
Moring, I went to office early.... so got some time to meet Monika, she is a Hardware engineer and deal with all hardware and office security issues. She infomed me how to lock and unlock the main security door... if i come early or last to leave the office..

She help me to configure my machine, At present my PC is has Linex OS and two monitors. When I was asked why two monitors was told it's easy to work on two.

Today  I was again created the hands on tutorial on "Copynodes". I manage to do to as close to I do it yesterday. After the lunch we had a meeting on "Exploring the posibilities of my attachment."


During the meeting we had very fruit full discussion between Me, Mr. Kim(CEO), Jeaney(Training & technical manager) and Richerd(VP of sales and marketing), The main objective of the meeting was how the SideFX people can help to fullfil the goal of the attachment.
I focus my goals in 3 areas...
1.Acquier appropriate skills and knowledge to perform the "Special effects for Games " elective.
2.Exploer the work flow of how different file formats able to export to game engine and test using game software.
3. Explaore posiblilities of Student attachment to Canada after completing the elective.

Overall For Sidefx side Game is the new area the sidefx people are also exploring on. They do know some companies/people in industry who do games, so may be later Jeanet may follow up on this matter.. to do some industry visits.

I was told first to be hands on with hodudini as much as can, if need help do ask interns Nick or Shawn.
Mr. Kim will be away to UK next week he will be back a week later...

about the student attachment Mr. Kim advice, we still need to work on it and explore the possibilities based on student capabilities.

Next week onward, I will be exploring different techniques of creating the special effects used in games..like fire/Smoke, Explosion, Glow etc.

No comments: